Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mexico


Dear all,

Time flies...don't you think.

My last posting I talked about Chicago. Well, I will always remember that trip and the little friends I carried with me to New York.
My legs started itching a week or so after my return. When my mother came one week later, I was waking up at night because the itching was killing me. After seeing a doctor, I realized I had picked up scabies (like fleas) in the Mariott in Chicago.
Don't worry, we parted on good terms and agreed never to cross path again.
As I mentioned, my mother came over for a week. It was good seeing her again and nice to have somebody doing my spring cleaning. My father and I affectionately named her Conchita after the many Mexican cleaning ladies here in New York.

At the end of April, my good friend and fixed travel partner, Genevieve aka fashion police aka Guevarra aka Gene picked me up in Newark Airport to go to Mexico. Our 2.5 weeks there can be described as an epic story but is too long to do via a blog. I will try to keep it as short and entertaining as possible.

We flew to Mexico City where we stayed for two nights. We experienced a little earth quake while there.
Genevieve was sipping her mojito...I started feeling dizzy thinking that they put something in my drink...Genevieve was still enjoying her mojito...people started evacuating the bar...I was still dizzy and Genevieve still sipping...But then the quake abated and Genevieve saw the light... The bar was empty and wondered what happened! Sorry to make fun of you, Gene, it was too funny!!
We rented a car in Mexico City and after having received directions, we got lost. When stopping to ask for new directions, the car broke down. We got a new and bigger one which we called the Batmobile. We lost 4 hours with this incident but were finally on our way for a 3000km adventure full of laughter, some stress, funny incidents and beautiful archaeological sites.
Renting a car to do what we did, is not advisable but we survived.
Road signs??? Where???
Traffic lights??? Mostly bumps on the road or topes like Mexicans call them.
Speed limits???
Highway to no way at all...
Cows on the road...
Police asking if we had a driver's license...
Just have a look at the pictures and you will understand.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Rudiinthecity/Mexico

We ended up in Tulum for a well deserved couple of days on the beach. It was just perfect and also the perfect place to get sunburned. (that is an essential part of holidays).

Upon my return in New York I was greeted with a warm welcome at customs.
They asked why I was in New York to which I replied that it is my home now. They kindly reminded me that NY is not my home but a temporary place in which I have been granted to stay thanks to my visa. Heartbreaking...isn't it.
Anyway, returning to work wasn't easy as I suffered from holidays blues but that is life.

That's all for now, folks. Next trip...Argentina...will explain some other time.

I hope you are all doing well wherever you are.
Take care,

Rudi

4 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well as the customs did I will also kindly remind you that your home is earth... alien... bizar creature... travilling hermit... ja, ja lang niets meer van u gehoord, leuk zo'n blog, see you somewhere, nowhere, whateverwhere... Evelyn

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, longchamp pas cher, burberry pas cher, prada outlet, gucci handbags, christian louboutin shoes, polo outlet, replica watches, nike free run, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, nike free, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, nike air max, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, kate spade outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, nike roshe, polo ralph lauren, tiffany and co

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mcm handbags, timberland boots, hollister, converse, instyler, asics running shoes, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, ralph lauren, hermes belt, north face outlet, north face outlet, lululemon, herve leger, louboutin, vans outlet, gucci, celine handbags, hollister, beats by dre, nike roshe run, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, p90x workout, hollister clothing, iphone cases, baseball bats, babyliss, longchamp uk, mont blanc pens, nike air max, oakley, mac cosmetics, lancel, reebok outlet, ray ban, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, new balance shoes, soccer shoes, nike air max, nike huaraches, soccer jerseys, insanity workout, converse outlet, abercrombie and fitch, nike trainers uk, ghd hair, wedding dresses, vans

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

karen millen uk, doudoune moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, swarovski crystal, ugg, links of london, ugg uk, swarovski, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, toms shoes, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, hollister, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, supra shoes, moncler, replica watches, moncler outlet, pandora uk, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, marc jacobs, moncler, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, canada goose, moncler uk, coach outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home