Saturday, September 13, 2008

Virgo



Hi all,

Quite some time passed by since my last post. I know, but I have a good excuse, I was extremely busy.

September
I had quite a memorable birthday celebration this year. Actually I should say that I had several celebrations and lots of great gifts.
Firstly, Ellen came over and like last year (I know...another year passed) we went to the US Open. In addition to this, we had in her "60-hour trip on American soil" a massage, great food in several restaurants and strippers. Decadent, right? Pfff, so what... we only live once!

I had several days to recover before Genevieve (you might remember her from previous posts as Guevarra or Gene or fashion police) stepped out of the plane for her two-week shopping/party extravaganza in the Big Apple. We immediately started the minute she arrived on Friday September 5 and by Tuesday we were exhausted...shopping, drinking, eating and laughing can be tiring...especially if you take our age into account. I know, I know...I am only 28.
We spent a couple of days eating light food and drinking lots of liquid to give her body time to cleanse. We also stayed home in the evening to allow our bank accounts to cool down.
Second weekend arrives...dinner plans and another birthday party for yet another Virgo amongst my circle friends.
We celebrated my colleague Stephanie Birthday in a club in Manhattan,...posh, good music and even celebrities.



October
After all those parties and visits, I had exactly 5 days to recover (while working) and to pack my bags for my trip to Belgium to follow a two-week intensive training program on financial markets and Euroclear (the bank I work for). I had decided to fly over to Belgium one week prior to the training because I wanted to see my friends and family. I also took my parents to London for a day as a Christmas present.
I also managed to squeeze in a business trip to London and Edinburgh to visit my most important client.
During the training, I had to stay in a hotel and during the weekends (when I was free), I was going from one friend's place to another.
I had fun but three weeks was long. I am glad to be back in New York where Central Park is in full fall glory. Beautiful red/yellow colored leaves which are twirling around with the wind, greet me every evening when I go for a walk.

As you can tell, I have not stopped moving, partying, travelling,...for two months and I can feel it. Time to unwind now...not for long as I am going to Mexico in three weeks for work. I know, I know...Rudi is travelling again...but it is the last trip of this year.
Not to worry, I have already three trips on the Agenda for early 2009.

I hope you are well.
Take care,

Rudi